This past Saturday, Dec 11, was my 34th birthday. There, I said it! It's still hard to believe that I'm 34 already. My brain still thinks that I'm 22!
My sweet husband let me sleep in while he got up with the kids and took them to buy donuts. When I got up they were waiting for me with a candle in a chocolate long john and a birthday song. Even Kate sang "happy birthday oo oo"! The rest of the day was spent mostly at home labeling Christmas cards, playing with the kids, having lunch at Chick-fil-A and visiting with friends and family on the phone.
On Saturday night we drove a little over an hour Northeast of Tulsa to The Christmas Train at Dry Gulch. On the way we ate "dinner" so we wouldn't have to stop to eat once we got there. Tyson popped two bags of popcorn, grabbed some snacks and drinks and we feasted the whole way there. The kids thought it was pretty special getting to eat popcorn in the car!
First on our agenda was meeting Santa Claus. Owen did great with him and happily sat on his lap for a picture. Kate wanted nothing to do with him and would only take a picture if I held her. As it turns out I'm glad that we took the picture as a family since it was the only picture taken on my birthday.
Next we headed to the Christmas Train as the line was already very long and it's the main attraction of the park. We rode the train with our good friends the McCulloughs. Owen and Ben had a great time sitting by each other on the train. They don't remember it but two years ago they rode their first train together on a mountain in Colorado. We have so many fun memories with this sweet family.
After the train ride we went to the bakery and had warm cinnamon rolls, cookies and apple cider. It was in the 30s that night so it was nice to get out of the cold for a while. There were many other things to do at Dry Gulch but our kiddos needed to get home to bed so we left after our snack.



No comments:
Post a Comment