We are celebrating the last days of Summer 2010 while anticipating the Fall season with its cooler temps, football games, pumpkin patch visits, Owen's birthday and Halloween. With that being said I really wanted to capture our family with a late Summer photo session with my friend and phenomenal photographer, Carissa. Earlier this week we met at the Dresser Mansion in Midtown Tulsa for a photo shoot. I fell in love with the turquoise accents on this old mansion when I saw it in one of Carissa's bridal photo shoots from earlier this year.
We arrived at what was supposed to be an hour before sundown. As it turned out the crazy Oklahoma weather decided to show up and surprise us with a summer thunderstorm. So as we were pulling up to the mansion Carissa was rushing us out of our car to get the shoot started since she didn't know how much time we had. The sky looked ominous, the wind picked up and we actually saw rain coming down on the opposite side of the river from where we were. Thankfully the rain held off but our shoot was rushed because it was getting dark much earlier than anticipated.
I was a little bummed that we didn't have much time because Carissa had me bring all this fun stuff to use as props: giant lollipops (which we ended up squeezing in), bubbles, sidewalk chalk, a big quilt, etc and we didn't get to use most of it. Carissa told me that I'd be surprised at what she was able to get amidst all the craziness! Well, she was right! I love the pics that she took. I only wish that Owen had been a bit more cooperative so we could have gotten some individual shots of him. Guess Aunt Meg or I will have to hold him down for his 4 year old photo shoot come October!
Kate had just turned 19 months old at the time of this shoot, so these are supposed to represent her at 18 months old. Owen will turn 4 years old on October 4, about a month after this photo shoot. And Tyson and I, well let's just say that this will represent us at 30, shall we?!
Carissa, thanks again for doing a fantastic job. You truly have an eye for this job that has chosen you! And yes, I mean that it chose you. You are blessed with a gift and we truly appreciate you sharing it with our family! Check out her work at http://www.ccmillerphotography.com/.
Unfortunately the files are too big to put all of my favorites on the blog. Check out the Snapfish link to see more: Family Photos on Snapfish.
![]() |
| Love those baby legs! |









2 comments:
You guys are all adorable! Such sweet pics.
I miss you, friend!!!!!
I miss you too Katie! Thanks for the comment. Hope you're having a great long weekend.
Post a Comment