Thursday, August 26, 2010

We came, we shopped, we conquered!

My mom, sis and I tore up the JBF this year!  It's been almost a week now since we went and I'm still trying to find room in my kiddos closets for all their new bargains.  Kate made the biggest haul with lots of gently used Gymboree outfits and way too many shoes.  A girl has to have lots of options when it comes to shoes!  With Owen wearing a uniform twice a week, I tried to be more conservative with him.  My most exciting purchase for him was a pair of ski bibs to play in the snow this winter.  Last year he hated, and I mean hated, getting snow in his pants and up his shirt.  Hopefully this year we'll get enough snow to make it worth purchasing these pants!

My mom had never been to a JBF sale before.  She was amazed at all of the options and the huge building that housed them.  She bought clothes for all 5 of her grandbabies.  The fifth is set to arrive in just a few weeks!  My sis went with me in the Spring right after she found out that she was having a baby boy.  This time she brought that baby boy along with her to shop.  He was a great shopper!

I started shopping at 9am.  My mom and sis got there at 1pm.  We were there until 6pm.  That's right, I shopped for 8 hours and then waited in line to check out for another hour and fifteen minutes.  I've never spent that much time at JBF before.  I was exhausted by the end of the day but very pleased with my purchases.  As usual Tyson said that I "exceeded his expectations"!

Just a glimpse of what it's like.
Wow, I look tired and the lighting stinks!  It's a good pic of mom though.
We were in better spirits than some of those in line with us!

Jackson was pretty much like this the whole time!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers