Thursday, August 19, 2010

Owen Starts Preschool

Owen started preschool today at Holland Hall. He will go two days a week for six hours each day. He was so excited to go this morning. He got all decked out in his uniform and carried his new big boy backpack that is about half as tall as he is! He looked so cute!

The preschool has a drop off/pick up system, which means that you wait for the teacher or assistant to come to your car to get your child and to put them back in the car. It's wonderful! I wish that I had had this system last year at his old school when Kate was a lot younger. This morning we were 10 minutes early so we waited in line for the teacher to come out. Owen was unstrapped and ready to go. He said "when are they going to come get me?". He couldn't wait to go to school! This is such an improvement from the past two years when he went to the church preschool and cried for the first few weeks every time that I left him. I'm so glad that he seems to be over the separation anxiety now!

He only went for 2.5 hours today. They use it as a warm-up day prior to next Tuesday and Thursday when he'll start going 6 hours. When I picked him up he said that he missed me, but that he wanted to go back on Tuesday. It took a while to get any details out of him, but after we met Tyson for lunch he started to tell us about his day. Apparently he drew a picture of a pig, he listened to a story but can't remember what it was about, he made new friends but can't remember their names, he did a school bus floor puzzle, he went to the bathroom one time and he ate a snack, but didn't drink his juice because he forgot about it. That's his first day in a nutshell!


I can't wait to see what he learns over the school year. He's such a sponge and I am excited to see what he soaks up! Oh, and I failed to mention that his teacher is our friend and Tyson's cousin, Vanessa. So we are super thrilled that he'll be spending his days away from home with such a sweet and patient person. Plus, she said if there's a fire she knows who she'll be grabbing first! :)


Waiting for the teacher to come get him




This is his "mom it's too early in the morning to be taking pictures so I'm going to zone out" face


My big 3 year old boy!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

He looks SO grown up!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers