Friday, March 4, 2011

January: First Zoo Trip of 2011

After the January snow and before the February blizzard the Tulsa area experienced unseasonably warm temperatures.  So the kids and I ventured out to the zoo, their favorite place.  We went in the morning so it was cool enough to wear long sleeves, but it quickly warmed up.  We had a great time.  Owen was so excited to show Kate his favorite spots in the zoo.  Kate showed much more interest in the animals this time and was eager to do everything that Owen did.  The zoo train and carousel are always a hit so we had to ride both multiple times. We hadn't been to the zoo in a couple of months so they were so excited to go.  It's such a blessing to share these moments with them.



Showing Kate the monkeys way up high

For some reason he loves this meerkat statue!


Doing everything brother does.

Melt my heart!


Teasing the penguin with a stick.


Our big girl

Riding the zoo train

Riding the carousel

3 comments:

Carissa said...

We need to plan a zoo date with you guys now that the weather is getting nice!!!

Anonymous said...

Count me in on a zoo date! So excited to get to say that!!! :)

~Mollie

Tyson and Kenna said...

I just saw your sweet comments girls! I'd love to plan a zoo date soon with both of you. Mollie, I too am super excited to hear you say that!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers