Monday, June 20, 2011

June: Dinosaur Camp and a Black Eye

Last week Owen went to Dinosaur camp at his preschool.  It was from Monday to Friday and from 9am-12pm.  His teacher was Mrs Patterson and it was in her classroom that Owen was in this past school year. So it was all familiar and he was excited to go each day.  He learned about different types of dinosaurs, did art projects, and on the last day of camp he dug for bones in the school sandbox. It was a great experience for him and I'm so glad that Vanessa was his teacher again.

On Wednesday while Owen was at camp, Kate and I were playing in the playroom.  I was sitting on the couch and she was standing between the couch and the train table/coffee table playing.  She was turning around to give me a toy from the table and she tripped over some toys in the floor.  Unfortunately she didn't have time to catch herself and she fell right into the side of the table with her forehead. A blue goose egg formed right between her eyes almost immediately.  Her mommy panicked and ran down the stairs with her to grab an ice pack.  She recovered quickly and handled the ice pack on her head fairly well. 

Did I forget to mention that this all happened just 10 minutes before we had to leave to pick up Owen?  I had planned to take the kids to Walgreens after lunch to have their passport pictures taken, which obviously didn't happen.  It's been almost a week now and she has two black eyes and a nice yellow bruise above her nose, poor baby!  The passport pics will have to wait a while longer.  Thankfully she's doing fine and doesn't seem to notice her boo boo unless someone comments on it, to which she replies, "I have owie on my head".

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers