Monday, June 6, 2011

May: Owen's School Program and Last Day of Preschool

Owen's end of school program was on Thursday, May 12 and his last day of school was a week later on May 19.  He had such a great year in the 3 year old preschool class at Holland Hall.  Mrs Patterson was his teacher and Mrs Koshy was her assistant.  Owen adores them both.  We have a special love for Mrs Patterson as she is Tyson's second cousin and a dear friend of ours.  It makes me sad that Owen won't be in her class this fall.

Owen made lots of friends this year, but his very best friend is Dylan.  They both turned 4 last October, so they are the oldest kids in their class. They are inseparable at school and have such a great time together.  We're hoping that they will be in the same class this fall when they enroll in the 4 year old class.  If not, I know two little boys and a couple of moms who will be disappointed!  Hopefully, if that's the case we will still find time to have play dates outside of school.

Owen's last day of school was a "water day" where the kids wore their swimsuits, played with various water tables and toys, ate popsicles and went home early at noon.  Owen had so much fun and really enjoyed the popsicle!  It was bittersweet for me to pick him up on the last day.  If you can't tell I'm the sentimental type!

Owen and Mrs Koshy

Owen and Mrs Patterson (aka Vanessa)

Teacher appreciation gifts


Owen and Dylan at the school program breakfast

Best buddies
Kate and Grandmother at the school program breakfast.

I love this pic of them!

Singing the "Good Morning" song while stretching

Singing with their handmade sunshines

Singing "Each of Us is a Flower"

Owen's memory book made by his teachers.  Such a great idea!

  
He was so excited to tell us about his book.
 Tyson really wasn't annoyed.
He just looks that way!



The class eating their popsicles


Enjoying his first bomb pop





Last day of school hug!


4 comments:

Sara said...

Cute! Is Dylan really that much Taller than O? : ) Love the teacher gift idea! Was that your idea?

Andrea Kay said...

Ditto to saras questions!

Tyson and Kenna said...

Sorry girls. I just checked my comments today! Thanks for the compliments. Dylan is really that much taller. And I got the teacher gift idea from a blog I follow. Super easy and super cute I might add!

Anonymous said...

Look at you bloggin' away. Random comment here but I can't believe how long Vanessa's hair is!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers