Thursday, April 21, 2011

March: March Madness

March is one of  Tyson's favorite months.  He's a college basketball fan, especially when it comes to the KU Jayhawks.  Our tv is tuned to basketball games in the evenings and on weekends. He can watch a lot of basketball, people!  Tyson and the kids have KU shirts that they wear to cheer on the Jayhawks.  I, however, do not have a KU shirt and have teased Tyson that he keeps his kids in KU gear but has neglected to buy his wife a shirt. I'm sure that will change on our next trip to Kansas! Thankfully one of my favorite colors is royal blue, so I can look the part of a KU fan if necessary.

This year we were fortunate to get tickets to the NCAA tournament that was held at the BOK Center in Tulsa on Friday and Sunday.  The Jayhawks were in the tourney so we had a great time cheering them on, this time in person.  The kids happily stayed home with Grandmother who came to watch them for the weekend so we could go to the tournament. 

On Sunday night Tyson was given two extra tickets by the firm, so we invited our friends Mike and Carissa to go with us.  Carissa and I sat in the nosebleed section while the guys sat a little lower in the firms' seats.  A friend texted us and asked if we'd want to come join her in her suite just before the Jayhawks game started.  She only had three passes, so we made the decision to leave the guys where they were and joined her in the suite.  The seats were awesome and the company was great.  I felt a little bad that I was closer to Tyson's Jayhawks than he was, but I was sure to rub it in after the game.  Oh, and the Jayhawks won, so it made the experience even sweeter!  Thanks for sharing your seats with us Courtney.




2 comments:

Andrea Kay said...

Rock Chalk....adorable kiddos!

Carissa said...

Loved getting to go to experience some of the March Madness wtih you guys. Thanks again for inviting us!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers